Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Celebrating 4th of July!

Hi Everyone,
After the vacation in the Twin Cities, I rode down to Omaha with my parents. It was wonderful timing since I had an upcoming girls weekend and I was able to ride with my parents. This meant that I was able to spend the week with my family! It also meant spending a week without Grant which is something we had not done in the last 2 years since we were always together in Saipan. We talked a lot on the phone and kept busy with family activities.
For the 4th of July we started the celebrating by going to my Uncle John's house on the lake on the 3rd. It is a family tradition that we have been doing for years. It was nice being able to actually be there this year since I don't live in Omaha. I spent the night talking, hanging/swimming with my cousins (They taught me about who is hot in One Direction), and the highlight of the night was watching the fireworks over the lake while being in my uncle's boat. This year we were so close to the fireworks that the shrapnel was landing on us. The fireworks were amazing and it was a great great time of with family!
On the 4th my sis, mom, and I went to the movie People Like Us. It is a different kind of movie where there is no romantic story but it is an emotional family story about a brother and sister relationship. It was a very emotionally heavy movie but I really enjoyed it. Then we grilled out and had the typical American meal with hot dogs and hamburgers. At night we went to Boys Town to watch their firework display and then we came back to shoot off our own fireworks. I love shooting off fireworks and had so much fun shooting them off with my sister and her fiance Derrick. It was a wonderful time and I was glad to be able to spend the holiday with my family.
Enjoy the pics!
-Kara-
My little cousins, my sis, and I.

Fireworks over the lake.

So pretty!

Wow!

Amy and Derrick on the boat.

My cousin Emma and I with our gangsta faces.

My mom and dad on the boat.

My sis and I with our parachutes.

Family!

Derrick and the sisters.

My sis, mo, and I getting ready for the fireworks at Boys Town.

My sis and I laying down while waiting for the fireworks.

My collection of fireworks.

Me lighting a firework.

Amy and Derrick lighting the lantern.

Sparkler Time.

1 comment:

  1. love the firework pictures! did you guys do any "FLOWER!!" fireworks??

    ReplyDelete